The Campbell Family Established in Albany Creek in 1910 and ran one of the biggest poultry farms in Queensland, this farm ran into the 1960’s. Matt Campbell Senior became Chief Inspector for the Sunny Queen Egg Board and Fred Campbell ran for Parliament and became a Federal Minister for the Liberal Party of Australia.
Peter Campbell, son of Matt Campbell, grew up on this poultry farm on the banks of Albany Creek and was a third-generation Albany Creek Resident in the late 1940’s
Peter attended Albany Creek Primary and Albany Creek State High School, then Wavell High School. It was there he discovered his desire to become involved in Politics and became heavily involved in the Young Liberal movement and eventually a Councillor in the Pine Rivers Shire Council.
Peter’s other passion was Real Estate and started selling in the late 1960’s and developed a strong passion for the industry and opened Peter Campbell Real Estate in 1970, in Albany Creek.
His love of Albany Creek and political background made responsible for much of the infrastructure in our local community services, ie, parks, walking tracks, kindergartens, and local schools. Peter also was involved in the development of land estates in Albany Creek.
In 2007 Peter was awarded an OAM for service to the Albany Creek Community.
Peters achievements and awards include:
- Medal of the order of Australia
- Paul Harris Fellowship Award
- Real Estate Institute of Queensland Fellow
- Justice of the Peace
- Patron of the Albany Creek Garden Club
- Patron of the Albany Creek Girl Guides
- Past member of the South Pine Justices Group
- Local Councillor Pine Rivers Shire Council
- Developed, Marketed and sold large local land estates; including Albany Forest Estate, Bunya Forest Estate, Woodhaven Estate & Albany Parkside Estate.
Many of these streets are named after family members such as Fred Campbell Drive, Langley Court, Hale Street, Jullyan Street, Matthew Court & Jessie Court.
Support of the local Community:
- Albany Creek Scouts
- Albany Creek State School
- Albany Creek State High School
- Albany Creek Garden Club
- Albany Creek Lions & Rotary
- Queensland Youth Music Awards
- Art Alliance
- Eatons Hill Community Kindergarten
- Albany Creek Community Care
Peter over the years, with his love of Albany Creek and extensive personal library of photographs and information published a book on the history of Albany Creek & Eatons Hill Peter Campbell Realty is now owned and operated by Peter’s Son, Matt Campbell and his wife Leila Campbell.
Matt and Leila are committed to continuing on the strong historical ties to the local community and residents.
Our staff are all local and experienced in our field.